HEIGHTENED SAFETY MEASURES & LIMITED HOTEL SERVICES
At Palace Hotel Tokyo, we have implemented the following heightened safety and hygiene measures in an effort to prevent the spread of Covid-19 while ensuring optimum comfort:
- Frequent cleaning and sanitization to maintain optimum hygiene levels
- Placement of hand sanitizers throughout, including high-traffic, high-touchpoint areas
- Limitation of the number of guests per elevator ride to allow for safe physical distancing
- Installation of plexiglass partitions at key close-contact points, where appropriate
- Mandatory temperature checks upon arrival on-property
- Frequent washing & sanitizing of hands
- Wearing of masks as well as gloves, when appropriate
- Restriction of accommodations to those with advance bookings only (no walk-ins)
- Temperature checks and the completion of health-check forms upon check-in
- Limitation of housekeeping service to once per day (unless otherwise requested)
- Sanitization of each guestroom during daily housekeeping service
- Wearing of masks and gloves by every staff member upon entry (or delivery service)
- Thorough handwashing, sanitization and the discarding of gloves after each room cleaning
- Suspension of evening turndown service (unless otherwise requested in advance)
- Suspension of in-room minibar presentation (fully stocked minibars may be requested in advance of arrival and re-stocking service to be provided upon request in advance)
- Restriction of In-Room Dining service to at-door delivery (unless in-room set-up is requested)*
- Extensive disinfection and sanitization of each guestroom with hypochlorous acid water spray once vacated .
*In-Room Dining hours are restricted to 7:00 am – 10:00 pm daily until further notice
- Restriction of access to only in-house guests and patrons with advance reservations
- Temperature checks and hand sanitization upon arrival
- Limitation of seating at any one time to allow for safe physical distancing for patrons and staff
- Frequent sanitization throughout, including that of tables and chairs after each seating
- Sanitization of menus after each handling
- Suspension of buffet-style food presentations
- Limitation of menu offerings*
*Including adaptation of the menu offerings of our Japanese restaurant Wadakura to feature bento-box-style presentations in order to limit the frequency of interaction between guests and staff between courses.
Meetings & Events
- Request the wearing of masks by clients for all in-person meetings with hotel staff
- Recommendation of online appointments between clients and hotel staff whenever possible
- Limitation of the number of attendees per function room to allow for safe physical distancing
- Temperature checks and hand sanitization at each function room prior to initial entry
- Frequent sanitization throughout, including sanitization of tables, chairs and A/V equipment after the conclusion of each function as well as during meeting breaks.
While we understand that the temporary limitation of certain services and facilities may inconvenience or cause a degree of discomfort, please be assured that their implementation is intended to put your safety and well-being as well as that of our staff first.
Whether you will be staying with us or simply dining in one of our restaurants and lounges, rest assured we will do everything we can to ensure as comfortable and enjoyable of a visit as possible.
Thank you ever so much for your kind understanding and cooperation.